Re: expectations for Fedora 18-Alpha-TC3

> Installation Summary: has a Continue button
> 	Date & Time: depends on Back button to continue
> 	Language: depends on Back button to continue
> 	Keyboard: depends on Back button to continue
> 	Installation Source: depends on Back button to continue
> 	Network Configuration: depends on Back button to continue
> 	Software Selection: depends on Back button to continue
> 	Installation Destination: has a Continue button
>
> Seeing as the UI lets me do these things in any order, it seems
> arbitrary that Storage alone gets a "Continue" button.

Unfortunately, Storage is special.

What you need to know is that the Continue button on the storage spoke
does not move you ahead from the hub.  It potentially takes you back to
the hub, but perhaps first sends you through other screens (the disk tug
of war screen that's not written yet, or custom partitioning, or other
such things).  In that case, hitting Back and then going through other
things instead of back to where you were doesn't make a lot of sense.

So yeah, the storage back button isn't the same as the hub back button.
I don't really have a good answer for how to make this nicer, though
we've certainly thought a lot about it.

> 2.  If all Installation Summary items are complete, lacking an orange
> triangle warning, I can "Continue" from the installation summary page.
> However, if I merely enter Installation Source, make no changes, and
> click "Back," now "Software Selection" inexplicably has an orange
> triangle next to it, and I can no longer "Continue" from the
> installation summary page, as the Continue button is grayed out.

I think the problem here is that we didn't detect that you left the
Installation Source spoke unchanged.  What we're trying to do here is
fetch metadata for your source, which necessarily invalidates the
Software Selection spoke (what if the group data is completely
different?) so you can't go in there.  That means you can't yet
continue.

So if you don't do anything, we shouldn't try to do anything either.
That'd fix this up.

> 3.  Despite the condition where I cannot Continue from the
> Installation Summary, if I go into Installation Destination, the
> Continue button there is not grayed out. If I click it, and click
> Continue on the dialog which appears, I'm returned to Installation
> Summary.

Right, I think this is confusion that the two continue buttons are the
same when in fact they are not.  Again, I don't have any good ideas on
how to make that situation better.

- Chris