Re: User Experience improvements for Anaconda

On Fri, 2010-11-12 at 13:35 -0500, MÃirÃn Duffy wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-11-12 at 13:19 -0500, Chris Lumens wrote:
> > > I really want to help make our installation process an easy and pleasant
> > > experience - so if you have any feedback on the above or ideas on how to
> > > get there, let's talk about it. I think even bad or crazy ideas are good
> > > brain food, and can lead to awesome innovation. I'm definitely planning
> > > to put together some pretty crazy mockups to feed our brains so be on
> > > the lookout for those. :)
> >
> > Where's the best place to start discussion?  I put a couple very brief
> > notes on the text of the wiki page itself (prefixed by "clumens sez:"),
> > but that was just for stupid little stuff.  Do you want to talk here or
> > on the wiki Discussion tab?
>
> Whatever is easiest for you folks. If the mailing list is easier, let's
> just do that, and I'm happy to post brain dump summaries to the wiki. I
> get email notifications when the wiki gets updated so I've seen all the
> notes added so far (thanks, they are quite helpful :) )
>
> ~m

A related feature request that I am hoping to propose for F15 is
MultiSpin Installation.  This is essentially the ability to have
multiple spins on the same ISO, using a single installable image.  I've
started on the feature page but haven't gotten too far.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/MultiSpinInstallation

I say that this is related to the use experience improvements in that
MultiSpin Installation would require a screen asking the user which spin
to install.  We would want that screen to be considered in the design
work.

I don't want to hijack this thread, so if anyone has comments about
MultiSpin Installation not related to UI, let's start a new thread.

Cheers
-- Dennis