Few noobie questions

Hi.

Sorry if this is a common question, but I was wondering what
the current documentation on making Kickstart installer stuff
for (for example) FC5 would be.  I've looked around on the
net, and a lot of the documentation still refers to the initrd.img
as being an "ext2" filesystem and not a cpio archive.

Even the details of what kind of archive (an newc one
compressed with -9) aren't always obvious.

I have a hand-generated ks.cfg file (it wasn't clear either if that
goes in the DVD root or in the isolinux/ directory) that seems
to be causing heartburn for the install, as well...  but I can't
tell where exactly.

Lastly, is there a way to get debugging/tracing information
when trying out DVD's so you can figure out where things are
crapping out?

There may be various things failing (like detecting the panel
on a laptop when I specify 1400x1050 resolution, etc) but I
have no way of knowing...

I'm writing some scripts, which I'll be happy to post when
they're working more reliably.

Thanks,

-Philip