FC5 buildinstall changes

Hi,

I'm now porting our FC3/4 build environment to anaconda-11.0.5-1 -
please do advise if I should be using fedora-development trunk instead.

I have a very sophisticated Zope-based application to manage all of
this, and thus am rather meticulous about reliably and repeatably being
able to create custom installers.

A fundamental tenet of the build process is working backwards from a
bunch of objects that dynamically create a comps.xml and thus the
requisites such would indicate.

I have a range of anomalies that I'd like explained, or at least
contemplated - please excuse me if I've missed something in the release
notes ;)

1.  Regardless of shipping these, it appears that all anaconda-runtime
requires dependencies need to be slipped into the RPMS for the second
buildinstall parse.  I expect this is a general-enough rule to consider
fundamental and I could derive these from whatever version's requires
dependencies suggest?  Any idea's for what one could/should do to
figure/separate a curses install instead of the full-X that the requires
dependencies suggests?

2.  I get some buildinstall errors about /usr/share/X11/fonts/* needs to
be present - I can fix this by including xorg-x11-fonts-* - what's the
recommended minimal set of such?

3.  The pango-querymodules step requires libXdmcp - this and I suspect a
whole range of other dependencies is not in the requires tags.  I also
get GLib-WARNING **: getpwuid_r(): failed due to unknown user id (0) -
which is rather strange, indicating that root should not invoke it ...

4.  I seem to have lost bogl and ash from FC5 - should I be worried??

5.  /usr/share/hwdata/videoaliases/* for trimpciids is missing - this
seems to require xorg-x11-drv-* - what would be a/the recommended set of
video drivers to include??

6.  buildinstall now invokes pkgorder which seems to completely ignore
the possibility of defining groups within the comps.xml.  There are a
whole bunch of hard-coded addGroups() calls which obviously barfs when a
large number of these are not present in my comps.xml - if I don't want
X Windows, or mysql - surely I should be accomodated.  What am I missing
here??

7.  When unpacking my kernel (kernel-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5.root.i686.rpm), I
have warnings that a worryingly large number of modules "not found in
kernel rpm": 3c501  3c503  3c505  3c507  3c515  82596  AM53C974  abyss
aic94xx  airport  arlan  at1700  bcm5700  bmac  cs89x0  ctc  dpt_i2o
eepro  eepro100  eexpress  es3210  eth16i  ewrk3  fcal  fmv18x  hid  hp
 hp-plus  i82365  ibmtr  ibmveth  ibmvscsic  ide-cd  ipr  iseries_veth
lance  lcs  lne390  mace  mambonet  md  mousedev  myri_sbus  ncr53c8xx
ne  ne3210  netiucv  ni5010  ni65  pcmcia  pluto  qeth  qla2x00  qla6322
 qlogicisp  qlogicpti  siimage  sk98lin  sktr  spidernet  sunbmac
sunlance  sunqe  sym53c8xx_2  tcic  tcmscsim  tmspci  tulip_old  veth
viodasd  wavelan  xenblk  xennet  yenta_socket

Some of these (ide-cd, mousedev, yenta_socket) seem quite critical to
proceedings...

8.  Unless I include fedora-logos (or it's equivalent), the
anaconda-runtime/splashtolss.sh script cannot be found.  Is this in the
correct package??

9.  Lastly, I do a bit of an integrity check on files I expect to see
present if there is to be any hope at all of booting the CD.  I'm now
not finding:

/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/i386/isolinux/snake.msg
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/i386/BastionLinuxLite/base/hdlist
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/i386/BastionLinuxLite/base/hdlist2
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/i386/BastionLinuxLite/base/hdstg2.img
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/i386/BastionLinuxLite/base/netstg2.img

I do instead see base/minstg2.img - does this file deprecate these others?

I'd like to hear opinions about all of this in the hopes of avoiding
large production runs of anaconda-installer coffee mug coasters ;)

Alan