Re: Serial console install - text is getting munged

Josh Martinek wrote:
I tried both of thes suggestions with the same results. I also tried every baud rate from 9600 to 115200 and everything inbetween. Has anyone done a successful serial console install of FC5 ?

This has NOTHING to do with the baud rate, stop bit, flow control, or anything else like that. Someone already pointed out the problem--the characters being used to draw lines v. your terminal emulator.

What are you using for a terminal?  minicom? cu? hyperterm -- aack!?

At least up to FC4, line drawing characters weren't used. I guess FC5 changed that?

--
David N. Lombard
Rossmoor, Orange County, CA