Re: ALSA MIDI on Raspberry PI: no events from input device (USB keyboard)

Sorry, wrong clue.

The problem is more subtle.

The keyboard seem to send raw midi messages in a stream, but Alsa does
not translate them in Sequencer events.
The softsynth expects Seq midi events (Note On / Note Off and such):
it cannot manage raw MIDI messages directly.

So the question becomes: why Alsa does not correctly translates the
raw MIDI messages (as in "amidi --dump", which works) in MIDI
sequencer events (as in "aseqdump", which does not work)?

amidi --dump --port hw:1

90 42 17
80 42 00
90 3D 19
90 3F 0C

aseqdump -p 20

Waiting for data. Press Ctrl+C to end.
Source  Event                  Ch  Data

(nothing happens as I play notes on the keyboard)

Thanks!