Re: Capturing audio on second capture input

Ah, thanks. I thought I'd tried that to see if it was working, but I must have gotten the device string format wrong or something. arecord is perfectly happy recording from either device. So I guess my problem is really in JACK (or it's just impossible to use both devices at once). I'll hunt down the JACK support forums/mailing lists, and see what I can find out.

Thanks!

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 5:29 PM Clemens Ladisch via Alsa-user <alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Christopher Lansing wrote:
> card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 2: ALC892 Alt Analog [ALC892 Alt Analog]

You have to tell whatever program you're using to use this device.
For example, "arecord -D plughw:0,2 -f dat something.wav".

Regards,
Clemens