Re: a strange thing

On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 16:37:28 +0100, John P. Hartmann wrote:
>Other applications may need pulse audio to produce sound altogether.

AFAIK skype requires pulseaudio. I'm using plain ALSA or jackd. The OP
might need pulseaudio, if getting sound from several desktop
applications at the same time is wanted, without taking care about
another sound server, such as jackd, or using another alternative such
as dmix.

I assume it was not intended to send it off-list:

Begin forwarded message: