Re: ALS275Q / ALC3260 HDA Intel PCH No Toslink S/PDIF Audio Out

Marve and list,

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 12:26 PM, marve <marve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Chris, a.o.

I have tried Ubuntu Studio and Fedora 24 Live CD. Both didn't find the optical S/PDIF connection.

I am afraid that I am out of suggestions.  Maybe someone else on the list has an idea?

BTW: I think we had a misunderstanding, as I noticed the Jack tools on Ubuntu Studio:

I've been trying settings with HDAJackRetask, which is another kind of Jacks, i.e. to change hardware settings and connections of the sound chip and connectors (not the virtual sound system)!

Well that makes two things with "Jack" in the name that I know nothing about!

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.