Re: Issues with a RolandGaia SH-01

Stefan Sauer wrote:
> On 07/28/2016 01:27 PM, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
>> Stefan Sauer wrote:
>>> Another weir issue is that once the usb connection is established,
>>> playing the synth from its own knobs and keys is super sluggish (e.g. a
>>> key release is recognized with a multi-second delay).
>>
>> Apparently, the firmware waits for the PC to read the MIDI messages.
>> Which the Linux driver does not do until a MIDI port is actually opened,
>> in order to save a little bit of power.  Oh well, I'll have to change
>> this back.
>
> If you can point me to the change I can locally test if that fixes it.

The original change was <http://git.kernel.org/linus/f5f165418cab>, but
it's not possible to simply revert it in the current version.

> Any idea what I could try to figure out why the incomming audio is silent?

Because the driver does not handle it correctly (it requires the capture
stream also to be able to synchronize the playback stream, and gets this
wrong somehow).

Regards,
Clemens