Re: Issues with a RolandGaia SH-01

On 07/28/2016 08:54 PM, Stefan Sauer wrote:
> On 07/28/2016 01:27 PM, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
>> Stefan Sauer wrote:
>>> Another weir issue is that once the usb connection is established,
>>> playing the synth from its own knobs and keys is super sluggish (e.g. a
>>> key release is recognized with a multi-second delay).
>> Apparently, the firmware waits for the PC to read the MIDI messages.
>> Which the Linux driver does not do until a MIDI port is actually opened,
>> in order to save a little bit of power.  Oh well, I'll have to change
>> this back.
> If you can point me to the change I can locally test if that fixes it. I
> just rebuilt my kernel and locally applied
> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/?id=ae7cc709f2ec11b49fc31b20cd8c943794ae9576
> which is only in Takashis branch, but not in the mainline. It does not
> seem seem to have any visiible effect though.
> Am I right to assume that the quirks-table.h ends up in snd-usb-audio.ko
> ? Because I only updated this mod.
My bad, you removed the quirks entry in
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=8e5ced83dd1c3090c96c4e0614703f0f2a5ba2f4
So they don't seems to be needed anymore.
> Any idea what I could try to figure out why the incomming audio is silent?
>>> One detail is that when connecting the synth to usb I get several
>>> "[159320.243035] usb 4-1.5: Unable to change format on ep #84: already
>>> in use" messages in syslog.
>> This is another driver bug.  The exact cause is not known, and nobody
>> has fixed it yet due to lack of time.
> This is from ./sound/usb/endpoint.c:811:
> I am really just guessing, but could this be related to that these
> devices run both an audio and a midi interface on the same usb connection?
This sees to be causing the silent input audio, endpoint 84 might be the
audio-in

    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        1
      bAlternateSetting       1
      bNumEndpoints           1
      bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
      bInterfaceSubClass      2
      bInterfaceProtocol      1
      iInterface              0
      ** UNRECOGNIZED:  07 24 01 07 00 01 00
      ** UNRECOGNIZED:  0b 24 02 01 02 04 18 01 44 ac 00
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x84  EP 4 IN
        bmAttributes           37
          Transfer Type            Isochronous
          Synch Type               Asynchronous
          Usage Type               Implicit feedback Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0070  1x 112 bytes
        bInterval               1

Stefan