Re: Recording/Timing issues with Microcone snd-usb-audio device

Hermann, DI Christoph (ITBH) wrote:
> Am 2014-11-25 um 12:32 schrieb Clemens Ladisch:
>> Hermann, DI Christoph (ITBH) wrote:
>>> I have troubles with the Microcone device:
>>> Recording 1 second of audio takes 2 seconds. The resulting WAV file has a duration of 1 second and is distorted.
>>
>> Please show the output of "lsusb -v" for this device.
>
> Bus 002 Device 005: ID 2212:0001
> [...]

This looks OK.  Your test.wav file also looks OK for one second of
eight-channel data.  (I don't know what the signal should be.)

According to your description, the device would send the data at
an actual sample rate of 24000 Hz.  There is no explanation why it
would do this (in theory, it doesn't even support changing its rate).

Could this be a hardware problem?  Does this device still work with
Ubuntu 12.04, or in Windows?

Regards,
Clemens