Re: Schiit USB audio dac

Rita, list,

On Apr 18, 2014 1:45 PM, "Rita" <rmorgan466@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hi

Rita, could you tell us a bit about your PC? Processor, memory, version of Linux, remind us which kernel you are running?

Do you have access to 1) another PC (even running windows at least to ensure the modi is OK), 2) another USB cable?

Is your USB host controller USB 2,0 compliant?

In an earlier post you said your computer was bad. Can you be more specific?

> 1) yes, the .wav is on a hard disk. Its coming from a different partition.

Is it possible to try it on the same partition as / ?

> 2) so, i stopped by browsers and everything else and I was able to play my wav much longer without "aplay: pcm_write:1939: write error: No such device". I played up to 4 minutes now. getting better :-) But eventually got this error.
> 3) I have a USB keyboard hooked up to my USB ports and I don't think I can take it out.

Can you connect a different keyboard?

Do you use an external hub?

Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler