Re: Trying to make Boss ME-80 work on alsa.

> So there are no audio related controls.

:'(

> Try '-c 2', for stereo. Also, I'm not sure whether S32_LE is supported.
> You might want to try 16bit.

I tried with the -c 2 and some different formats. This time it
retrieved a different error:
miguel@miguel-pc:~/Música$ arecord -Dhw:1 -c 2 --rate=44100
--format=S32_LE audiotest.wav
Gravando WAVE 'audiotest.wav' : Signed 32 bit Little Endian, Taxa
44100 Hz, Estéreo
arecord: pcm_read:1801: erro de leitura: Erro de entrada/saída
(English: reading error: I/O error)

> Regarding playback, I can't tell you what's wrong. It's possibly that
> the device needs some quirks to go into the mode you tested in under
> Windows. For that, you'd need to sniff the communication on the wire and
> reverse-engineer what the Windows driver does:

Well, thanks for the assistance. I can send you the captures I did if
you want. I don't understand a thing of what's there, so I'll need to
read a lot... but, there's something I found out that's confusing. It
seems that the windows machine will only exchange packets with the
ME-80 during the startup and the shutdown of the unit... but it didn't
share any packet while I was listening, recording or changing some
settings... I don't think it'll help me at all...

Again, thanks for your time and your patience.

Miguel.