Re: Trying to make Boss ME-80 work on alsa.

Daniel

> If you don't get any error message in this either, you can check the
> mixer settings with 'amixer -c hw:1 (controls|cget|cset)'.

miguel@miguel-pc:~/Música$ amixer -Dhw:1
Simple mixer control 'MIDI Input Mode',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'High Load' 'Light Load'
  Item0: 'High Load'
miguel@miguel-pc:~/Música$ amixer -Dhw:1 controls
numid=1,iface=MIXER,name='MIDI Input Mode'
miguel@miguel-pc:~/Música$ amixer -Dhw:1 cset numid=1
numid=1,iface=MIXER,name='MIDI Input Mode'
  ; type=ENUMERATED,access=rw------,values=1,items=2
  ; Item #0 'High Load'
  ; Item #1 'Light Load'
  : values=0
miguel@miguel-pc:~/Música$ amixer -Dhw:1 cget numid=1
numid=1,iface=MIXER,name='MIDI Input Mode'
  ; type=ENUMERATED,access=rw------,values=1,items=2
  ; Item #0 'High Load'
  ; Item #1 'Light Load'
  : values=0

> On a different note, are you sure your device can be used the way you
> expect? Did you test this with an OS officially supported by Roland?
> Because from the techical description on the website, I don't fully
> understand what the playback functionality on USB is there for.

Yes. I installed it on a Windows 7 machine and it basically lets me do
everything it says bellow:
- I can record either the guitar output with or without the effects
(processed or unprocessed) while I listen to the processed signal
(used Audacity)
- I can send the unprocessed recorded signal to the me-80 and loop it
back to the computer, but processed (with effects)
- Still Roland did not released the software to edit the patches, so I
did not test the MIDI part on Windows yet...

> Did you try to record anything from the device (arecord)?

miguel@miguel-pc:~/Música$ arecord -Dhw:1 --rate=44100 --format=S32_LE
audiotest.wav
Gravando WAVE 'audiotest.wav' : Signed 32 bit Little Endian, Taxa 44100 Hz, Mono
arecord: set_params:1087: Channel count non available.

Miguel.