Re: Status of CM6631 USB

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 12:20:39 -0700, chris hermansen wrote:
> First time: I plugged the Schiit USB into the laptop before booting
> the laptop (only one altset for output, two for input for stream0)
>
> Second time: I hot-plugged the Schiit USB into the already running
> laptop (two altsets for stream0, correct behaviour)
>
> Third time: I rebooted the laptop after the second time above without
> unplugging the Schiit (two altsets for stream0, correct behaviour)
>
> Fourth time: I halted the laptop, unplugged and replugged the Schiit,
> booted (only one altset, both output and capture, for stream0).
>
> I can try some repeatability testing on these if you like.

If this is repeatable, is seems like the behavior depends on USB power
management as well. Or some other difference between cold boot and
restart / boot without USB power loss.

It doesn't complain about clock source validity for altsetting two
during cold boot like it does when you plug in the USB while the laptop
is running. So the log messages and the behavior is opposite of what I
would expect. It either never even tries to initialize altsetting two
during cold boot or fails before the clock source validation.

In the latter case you should have gotten some more dmesg errors. You
could try to recompile with CONFIG_SND_DEBUG and
CONFIG_SND_DEBUG_VERBOSE enabled, to get some more debug output.

Torstein