Re: Status of CM6631 USB

Torstein, list;

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 2:02 AM, Torstein Hegge <hegge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
>> ie no S32_LE altset on either playback or capture.  Switching the
>> Schiit back to USB does not change this.
>
> The USB or S/PDIF input setting on the Schiit shouldn't affect the
> behavior of the USB interface, it just selects the DAC source.

I am pretty sure you are correct but I wanted to make sure that there
wasn't some kind of signalling that happened when I switched the
active input to the USB.

> But I don't quite follow what you did different between your tests.
> Plugging in after boot works fine. Keeping the USB plugged in over a
> reboot works fine. Plugging in the USB while the laptop is off and then
> booting gives a missing alternate setting? Or did I get those last two
> mixed up?

Sorry for the lack of clarity!

First time: I plugged the Schiit USB into the laptop before booting
the laptop (only one altset for output, two for input for stream0)

Second time: I hot-plugged the Schiit USB into the already running
laptop (two altsets for stream0, correct behaviour)

Third time: I rebooted the laptop after the second time above without
unplugging the Schiit (two altsets for stream0, correct behaviour)

Fourth time: I halted the laptop, unplugged and replugged the Schiit,
booted (only one altset, both output and capture, for stream0).

I can try some repeatability testing on these if you like.
--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.