Re: Kernel 3.x and smp_lock.h

Le Thu, 12 Jan 2012 12:34:37 -0700,
Frank Mackenzie <frank.mackenzie@xxxxxxx> a écrit :

> You see, the kernel source available at the ALSA website appears to
> be useless. It says it's not for 3.x kernels, and there's all the
> nonsense about smp_lock.h (see below).

smp_lock.h was removed in kernel-2.6.39.

> Yet, some people are compiling it and using it!
>
> What do I have to do?

You can try the last alsa code with git, or try a daily snapshot.

> PS - why is there no longer a "development version" of the ALSA files
> for download?

It is on git

> PSS - if nobody replies to me again, I will assume this list is dead,
> subscribe to the ALSA development mailing list, and hassle them! :)

Maybe you missed my answer. Also, don't be surprised if peoples don't
answer if you are hassling them. You will never get more than what
you give.

> On 12-01-11 12:52 AM, Frank Mackenzie wrote:
> > Hey everybody!
> >
> > I use Lucid Puppy 520 on my home computer, and have recently
> > installed kernel 3.0.7-rt. However, this appears to have broken
> > ALSA, which says I have no devices.

It is an 1 year old distribution. So, don't be surprised if you get
some troubles when installing the last kernel on it.

Dominique Michel

--
"We have the heroes we deserve."