Kernel 3.x and smp_lock.h

Hey everybody!

I use Lucid Puppy 520 on my home computer, and have recently installed
kernel 3.0.7-rt. However, this appears to have broken ALSA, which says I
have no devices.

So I downloaded the source and attempted to compile it, which I have
done many times with no issues in Ubuntu.

It keeps giving me errors about smp_lock.h, which no longer comes with
the Linux kernel. Some websites said to just delete that line, so, using
grep, I deleted the line #include smp_lock.h from all of the
alsa-drivers files. This however caused some other problems, so it still
won't compile.

I noticed the file in the folder saying this package was only for 2.6
kernels and below.

Is there a tarball I can download that will compile against a 3.x kernel?

Thanks,

Frank Mackenzie