Re: Creative X-Fi HD USB: no iec958 (un)mute control?

I've updated to kernel 2.6.39 recently, the optical output from the X-Fi
HD USB is still not working

The amixer output appears slightly different (compared to what I saw
from 2.6.32), here is the output from 2.6.39

Can anyone suggest anything else that I should try to enable the IEC958
output?

daniel@srv1:~$ amixer controls
numid=4,iface=MIXER,name='Master Playback Switch'
numid=3,iface=MIXER,name='Master Playback Volume'
numid=2,iface=MIXER,name='Capture Switch'
numid=1,iface=MIXER,name='Capture Volume'
daniel@srv1:~$ amixer scontents
Simple mixer control 'Master',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch pswitch-joined penum
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 65536
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 65536 [100%] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 65536 [100%] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Capture',0
  Capabilities: cvolume cswitch cswitch-joined penum
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Capture 0 - 65536
  Front Left: Capture 65536 [100%] [on]
  Front Right: Capture 65536 [100%] [on]