Re: No sound, no /proc/asound/

Hello,

I checked if alsa and stuff is working on other kernels - it seems it is working brilliantly! Mic and sound works fine!
So the problem would be with the latest kernel. I removed it while being on previous one and installed it again, but the problem is still present.
Then I tried to do all the stuff that was suggested here again, nothing worked. So it looks like it's the fault of kernel but reinstalling it somehow doesn't work! Do you have some suggestions? Maybe it's not kernel after all? Or maybe there's some different way to remove the kernel completely and reinstall it?

My impression that that at some earlier stage audio *was* working, so the
current lack of working is due to something like an attempt to do something
like 'upgrade' the kernel. If so, my recommendation is to *always* do a
backup of your system before doing anything that might furtle things up.

I use 'clonezilla' for this every now and then to try to protect myself
from my own idiocy. Put the backup on a removable USB HD. But there are
various other ways you may prefer.

Yeah, thats a good idea. Fortunately there are previous kernels available!

Best,
mszynisz