Re: No sound, no /proc/asound/

Like my previous speaker already told: the modules cannot be loaded because other modules are missing. Either you don't have modules installed at all (which most certainly means you have a wrong kernel image running) or the module loader cannot resolve the dependencies. To check if the module directory exists type
  $ ls /lib/modules/$(uname -r)
and check if a directory listing is displayed or an error indicating "directory not found".

If it exists, try
  $ sudo depmod -a
before modprobe to make the module loader know the missing modules that have to be loaded automatically.

---- On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 17:26:13 +0100 James Shatto  wrote ----