Re: make alsa sink available to application question

Tom!
   Usually a sink, is something where data "disappears". So the ALSA sink,
would be the ALSA output, since the audio data fom your computer is emptied
into it - so to speak - to get to your speakers. I sometimes heard of such a
concept as drain as well. the opposite would be the source. So an ALSA source
  would be the microphone or line-in inputs of your soundcard. At least, if I
go by the typical meaning of such terms.
   Sorry, I can't help you with your firefox iceweasel either, since I only use
text-based software.
   Best wishes
          Julien

--------