Re: Nvidia ION HDMI soundcard

El Thu, 23 Sep 2010 12:57:47 +0100
Robert Parker <theparkers.mailbox@xxxxxxxxx> escribiÃ:

> > I don't have any .asoundrc on my $HOME directory. What would be a
> > correct asoundrc file for me? Can it be done to system level instead
> > user level?
> >

> Yes I think so, have a look at
> http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/.asoundrc
>
> I know the hdmi is working for me when "speaker-test -D default" plays
> a hissing noise

It was very helpful, a lot of thanks!

I'm happy now because a just get it working: I only need to use the
subdevice 7 of my card 1. Using "aplay -D  hw:1,7 file.wav" I hear the
file content, and using Mplayer I can play a file with sound properly
played.

Now I only need to test if a /etc/asound.conf file should work for set
the default PCM to this device.

A lot of thanks for your help!