Re: No internal Mic with HDA Intel G45 DEVCTG Conexant CX20582 (Pebble)

On 05/05/2010 01:03 AM, zongo saiba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have finally got sound through my external speakers with internal
> speakers muted when I connect an USB or Jack headset. The microphone on
> either an USB or Jack headset is working as well. So I am almost there
> now. The only side effect of the modification of alsa-base.conf with
> "options snd-hda-intel model="olpc-xo-1_5" is the internal mic is now
> not working and gone from gnome-alsamixer. All my options in
> gnome-alsamixer have changed. before the modification, I had my internal
> mic nicely but not my external speakers; nor was my internal speakers
> muted when I used a headset, being USB or Jack.
>
> I would really much appreciate your help as I have no idea what really
> happened; meaning that if it was working before, it must only be
> software (driver) related.
>
> I thank you all for your help and feel free to ask more info if I have
> forgotten anything. I have only been using Linux for 3 months but I will
> do my best.
>
> Alsa 1.0.23
> Ubuntu 10.0.4
>
> Alsa (alsa-info.sh) information located at:
>
> before i modified alsa-base.conf
>

> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=46ef239764730c70e1a22e8d7e30db8f00428fd5
>

> After I modified alsa-base.conf : "options snd-hda-intel
> model="olpc-xo-1_5"
>
> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=2ed4f8e7a22f379a98ff6652b838376964154d70
>

> $ lspci -v | less
>
> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio
> Controller (rev 03)
>         Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Device ffe0
>         Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 30
>         Memory at f0700000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
>         Capabilities: <access denied>
>         Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
>         Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel
>
> $ cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec
>  Codec: Conexant CX20582 (Pebble)
> Codec: Intel G45 DEVCTG

Same issue with a
0x103c360b Conexant CX20583 (Pebble HSF)
Bug report + details are here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/587388
[0x103c360b Conexant CX20583 (Pebble HSF) Internal mic not functional]
Includes alsa-info.txt
Also, 'been there, done that (as has Zongo),
w/https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/573284.

These issues (Zongo's, mine, many others) have been going on for quite
some time. Can anyone verify if this is an alsa-driver issue, or an
kernel/Intel issue, or an Ubuntu issue? Many newer laptops include the
Conexant CX2058x chipsets & it's getting really tiring having to boot
into Win7 to properly use the headphones, speakers, and onboard mic.