No internal Mic with HDA Intel G45 DEVCTG Conexant CX20582 (Pebble)

Hi,

I have finally got sound through my external speakers with internal
speakers muted when I connect an USB or Jack headset. The microphone on
either an USB or Jack headset is working as well. So I am almost there
now. The only side effect of the modification of alsa-base.conf with
"options snd-hda-intel model="olpc-xo-1_5" is the internal mic is now
not working and gone from gnome-alsamixer. All my options in
gnome-alsamixer have changed. before the modification, I had my internal
mic nicely but not my external speakers; nor was my internal speakers
muted when I used a headset, being USB or Jack.

I would really much appreciate your help as I have no idea what really
happened; meaning that if it was working before, it must only be
software (driver) related.

I thank you all for your help and feel free to ask more info if I have
forgotten anything. I have only been using Linux for 3 months but I will
do my best.

Alsa 1.0.23
Ubuntu 10.0.4

Alsa (alsa-info.sh) information located at:

before i modified alsa-base.conf

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=46ef239764730c70e1a22e8d7e30db8f00428fd5

After I modified alsa-base.conf : "options snd-hda-intel
model="olpc-xo-1_5"

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=2ed4f8e7a22f379a98ff6652b838376964154d70

$ lspci -v | less

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio
Controller (rev 03)
        Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Device ffe0
        Memory at f0700000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
        Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel

$ cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec
 Codec: Conexant CX20582 (Pebble)
Codec: Intel G45 DEVCTG

Kind Regards,

Zongo