Re: Need help getting Edirol SD-90 (USB) working

Jim Grusendorf wrote:
> Once I had the distorted sound, I started exploring configuration
> options available from the front panel of the SD-90. I changed "USB
> Driver" from "Vender" [sic] to "Generic". Now it's working perfectly!

The "Generic" support has only 16-bit samples and does not have the MIDI
ports, so I'd like to make it work with "Vender", if possible.

> I turned the volume way down and got somewhat recognizable sound. It
> is heavily distorted, and plays only on the left side. There's a lot
> of static and it sounds like it's being modulated by a low frequency.
> Could it be something like a buffering problem?
> 0b 24 02 01 02 02 18 01 44 ac 00
> 0b 24 02 01 02 02 18 01 80 bb 00

This looks like an inconsistent sample format description.  These
descriptors say that the device uses 24-bit samples that fit into
two bytes.

This cannot be fixed with a simple entry in the quirks header; I'll
write a new patch for the driver.

Regards,
Clemens