Re: How to output same sound on two separate sound cards

Dear Malte,

[Please do not send HTML messages. I guess some people did not bother to
answer because your sketch was displayed weirdly.]

Am Donnerstag, den 22.04.2010, 22:12 +0200 schrieb Malte Schröder:
> I am looking for a way on how to output the same audio stream from an
> application to two separate sound cards, more precisely the SPDIF
> output of the chipset and the HDMI-port of the graphics card.
> Something like
>       app
>       pcm
>     +-----+
>     |     |
>   hw0,1 hw0,3
> Chipset and graphics card are both from NVidia. The card is a GT220,
> so there is no SPDIF-loopthrough.
> Hope someone has an idea.

I guess someone else already had that problem. Have you had any findings
on the WWW. Next time it would be nice, if you told us, what you have
tried so far. You should have found [1]? Does it work for you?

Just curious. Is the HDMI port working for you?

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://alsa.opensrc.org/.asoundrc#Dupe_output_to_multiple_cards