Re: How to output same sound on two separate sound cards

On 24.04.2010 22:38, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear Malte,
>

> [Please do not send HTML messages. I guess some people did not bother to
> answer because your sketch was displayed weirdly.]

Yeah, I don't like HTML-mails either ;)
I sent that mail from my phone, I guess I need to look for a switch to
disable that crap :)

> Am Donnerstag, den 22.04.2010, 22:12 +0200 schrieb Malte Schröder:
>
>> I am looking for a way on how to output the same audio stream from an
>> application to two separate sound cards, more precisely the SPDIF
>> output of the chipset and the HDMI-port of the graphics card.
>> Something like
>>        app
>>        pcm
>>      +-----+
>>      |     |
>>    hw0,1 hw0,3
>> Chipset and graphics card are both from NVidia. The card is a GT220,
>> so there is no SPDIF-loopthrough.
>> Hope someone has an idea.
>>
> I guess someone else already had that problem. Have you had any findings
> on the WWW. Next time it would be nice, if you told us, what you have
> tried so far. You should have found [1]? Does it work for you?
>
> Just curious. Is the HDMI port working for you?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Paul
>

> [1] http://alsa.opensrc.org/.asoundrc#Dupe_output_to_multiple_cards

Thank you for the hint, I think I got close, but didn't see that part of
the page. It is working now for stereo sound, but I didn't manage to get
AC3 sound working, yet.

/Malte