Re: Console beep on Lenovo Thinkpad X61S

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010, kionez wrote:

#include <Lars Bjørndal.h>   // created 22/03/2010 13:49

And if you blacklist (do not load) the snd-hda-intel driver module?

Then I have beep from both, console and firmware.

I confirm that behaviour, when i load the snd-hda-intel module (it
doesn't matters what version, from kernel > 2.6.29, or what beep_mode
parameter I can pass)

If the recent initialization for HDA codec is broken, there are two ways to do more debugging:

1) determine the patch (code change) which make things worse (look for
   "git bisect" in Google)
2) try to play with hda-analyzer, maybe you find the proper codec setup
   to enable the firmware beep

				Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <perex@xxxxxxxx>