Re: Surround sound over S/PDIF with M Audio Delta 1010LT

Hi!
I'm trying to get the most out of my surround system.
Now I'm trying to get LPCM pass through directly to my receiver over S/DIF.
I'm not getting it to work. Could it be that it is supposed to be sent
in 190kHz and the M-Audio Delta 1010LT only support up to 96kHz?
This is what mplayer says:

libavformat file format detected.
[lavf] Audio stream found, -aid 0
Opening audio decoder: [pcm] Uncompressed PCM audio decoder
AUDIO: 32000 Hz, 7 ch, s16be, 6272.0 kbit/87.50% (ratio: 784000->896000)
Selected audio codec: [pcm] afm: pcm (Uncompressed PCM)
[AO_ALSA] 7 channels are not supported.
AO: [alsa] 48000Hz 7ch s16be (2 bytes per sample)

How do I send this to my receiver?
I'm guessing that hwac3 and hwdts is not the way to go in mplayer.
Once again I'm lost.
/nisse

--
Nils-Erik Svangård