Re: VT1818S not working

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Business Kid <business.kid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a similar chip to you. Audio works for me, and I can pass on any
> stuff needed, I have pcm outputs. I have no microphone - alsamixer shows red
> writing and no level for the mic :-/.  I did discover this little bit in the
> wiki and am going off to experiment

I guess it would be good to see the results of lsmod, lspci -vvnn and
hal-device, along with whatever
got created in /etc/modprobe.d such as 50-sound.conf or local.conf or
/etc/modprobe.conf it your
system uses that. Maybe I can figure out what to do from them.

If the PCI ID is wrong, and lspci-vvnn gives me:

00:14.2 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel
HDA) [1002:4383]
        Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device [1043:8417]
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
        Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel

I'm not sure it can work unless I actually patch the alsa source to
look for the different PCI ID.
I don;t really understand enough to know how many places would need to
be changed.
None of the above says anything about Via. I also can't find anything
about the 1818 chip
in any alsa docs I have found.

Mark