Re: Delta66 Xruns

Clemens,

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 01:27:20PM +0100, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Chuck Hallenbeck wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 12:36:14PM +0100, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> > Values other than 2048 seem to prevent ices2 from running.
>
> What happens?

I just checked the ices2 error log and found the answer to this problem.
It turns out that the alsa input module for ices2 has a periods
parameter and a buffer_time parameter that need to match those set in
asound.conf. The periods parameter is supposed to be the number of
interrupts, not their time or size, and it was set at 2. So in
asound.conf, only a value half the buffer_size was correct for
period_size.

Then I noticed that in ices2, buffer_time, in milliseconds, was not
synchronized with the asound.conf buffer_size, in bytes, and when I did
a little arithmetic and changed it, it eliminated the xruns and
dropping of samples.

I am very grateful for all your help. It makes a difference to have
others scrutinize one's work.

Chuck

--
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (56% of Full)
                  My web site: www.hallenbeck.ftml.net

The secret of a happy marriage is to treat all disasters as incidents,
and none of the incidents as a disaster. -- Harold Nicolson