Re: Simultaneous recording with arecord - xrun problems

Hi Clemens,

Thank you for your pointer. I checked syslog and indeed there were numerous error messages there which read:

Nov 24 17:00:31 douglas kernel: [21278.820736] cannot submit datapipe for urb 0, error -28: not enough bandwidth

I tried to connect the sound cards into a fast computer directly, and starting multiple instances of arecord worked without errors. Then I plugged the sound cards directly into the embedded computer that I'll be using for my project, and that also worked without errors.

I'm using a D-Link DUB-H7 USB 2.0 hub. I'd have never thought the hub was the culprit. Would you happen to have any tips on how to increase the hub's throughput, or possibly to recommend a hub that would do the trick?

Regardless, thanks very much for your assistance on this list.

douglas

Media Development Loan Fund
Douglas Arellanes
Consultant
Center for Advanced Media--Prague (CAMP)
Salvatorska 10, 110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic
Tel: + 420 224 312 832, Fax: +420 224 315 419
Mobile: +420 724 073 364
Skype and Yahoo IM: dougiegyro
http://www.campware.org
http://www.mdlf.org
http://www.mdlf.org

This message is intended for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) to which it is addressed only.  It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  If you have received this message in error, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or distribution of this communication to other than intended recipient is prohibited.