Re: HDMI sound output on hp 8530w laptop (nvidia quadro fx 770M)

En/na Igor Gueths ha escrit:

> Are you using the same laptop or a different one?

Same laptop, an HP elitebook 8530w

> I recently thought I had a
> problem, until I did some more digging and found out that my NVidia GTX-280M
> supports HDMI audio rather haphazardly, through an S/PDIF header on the
> soundcard.

Unfortunately that's not accessible on the laptop. Btw, under windows
audio through hdmi works.

> I have not had the opportunity to test this as yet, but all the
> output devices look good now, and it is probable that my tests via HDMI output
> to a TV will succeed. If you have not already done so, have a look at
> Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio-Models.txt. In my case, I had to pass
> model=3stack-6ch-dig; it seems that my BIOS is too basic, to the point where it
> doesn't properly report the specifications of the onboard audio hardware, hence
> causing regular autoprobing to fail.

Yes, my card has an AD1984A codec, the available options are desktop
(default), laptop, mobile and thinkpad. Apart from thinkpad I tried all
the other options.

Bye
--
Luca