Re: can't get my microphone to work

Dnia 2009-10-19, o godz. 19:00:57
Robert Hancock <hancockrwd@xxxxxxxxx> napisał(a):

> Well, you didn't give many useful details about your problem, i.e.
> what kind of audio hardware, what mixer settings you can see and what
> they're set to, etc.

first: thank you very much for replying - I appreciate it :)
OK. So it's output from my lspci:

Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB4x0 High Definition Audio
Controller (rev 01) Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
Device 725a

and here are screen shots showing my channels' settings:
http://wstaw.org/images/free/2009/10/20/0680aefe1268739b437b4332b908eb.png
http://wstaw.org/images/free/2009/10/20/6464e268fd24597d19977800ad8575.png

> The first step would likely be to try using arecord on the command
> line to try to record some audio that way and see if it gives any
> different results.

could you tell me some hints what parameters use in arecord so that you
could check if everything is OK?