Fwd: Fwd: KnoppMyth/LinHES Linux - Analog audio out to ear phones works but not to TV. Ubuntu 9-i386 LiveCD everything works fine!

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Friedrich
Ewaldt<friedrich.ewaldt@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Matt Snow wrote:
>>> So the headphones or speakers in the front jack work, and the to-RCA
>>> cable in the *same* jack does not?  This is obviously a broken cable
>>> (or TV).
>
> I didn't read the whole thread, but - just an idea:
> Couldn't it also be some jack-detection of the soundcard?
> In case it uses the impedance of the connected device for the plug-in
> dectection, it might not notice the TV if its inputs have a higher
> impedance than your phones or powered speakers.

I was thinking that maybe this could be it too, but I didn't know the
correct term for this. I have tried this with a couple of cables as
well in attempt to rule out a crappy quality cable.

..Matt