Re: DELL SP2309W Monitor with Integrated microphone

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 2:47 AM, Clemens Ladisch
<cladisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Paul Hartman wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 2:27 AM, Clemens Ladisch
>> <cladisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > Please show the output of "lsusb -v" for this device.
>>
>> I'm not the OP but I have the same monitor and same problem. Here's
>> the lsusb output for the microphone:
>>
>> http://pastebin.com/f4c340014
>
> These descriptors claim it is a simple standard-compliant device.
>
> When you run that arecord command, is there any error message in the
> system log (/var/log/messages, or the output of dmesg)?

Sorry for not replying. I actually had to send the monitor back
because it developed 1152 stuck pixels (one vertical column) after
just one month of use :-/  I got a replacement but have not set it up
yet. Once I get it all attached I will be ready to give more info.
Thanks.