Re: pcm_min.c trouble with modification

Incoming from Sergei Steshenko:
> On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 23:32:59 +0200
> MK <maternick@xxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I want to write a simple ALSA application. I have downloaded
> > pcm_min.c from ALSA documentation and try to do some modifications
> > in code like change channels to stereo or sampling rate to
> > 44100Hz. But every time program fails. Can anybody explain me why
> > this is happening?
>
> Regarding the sample rate - I once "audited" ALSA source to see how sample
> rate is dealt with.

Thankyou.

> My naive expectation was ALSA as a whole was written with "single point
> of change" in mind.
>
> Alas, according to my observation, it's not the case, i.e. it is not
> possible to change ALSA code in just _one_ place to change default
> sample rate.

Wow.  Isn't that what the #include directive is for?

You'd think grep + sed would be good for the initial change, then
you're left with tracking down every instance where that didn't work.
At least, that's how I write code (or maintain others' cruft).

Too many cooks in the kitchen, working by their own rules?  :-P

(*)                                         Please don't Cc: me.
- -