Re: pcm_min.c trouble with modification

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 18:02:56 -0600
"s. keeling" <keeling@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You'd think grep + sed would be good for the initial change, then
> you're left with tracking down every instance where that didn't work.
> At least, that's how I write code (or maintain others' cruft).
>
> Too many cooks in the kitchen, working by their own rules?  :-P

No, I don't think grep + sed would be enough.

There are cases when literal 44100, 48000 are legitimate - when
there is a table describing card capabilities WRT sampling rate.

And, AFAIR, in dmix there is just 48000 instead of DEFAULT_SAMPLE_RATE
to be introduced.

To me it all looked really a mess, so, I think, you'll need to
go over the code in much more detail than I did, to formulate
for yourself the structure of #define statement, etc.

I was probably supposed to file a bug report regarding all this,
but somehow I'm feel hopeless and was very tired when I was doing
this "auditing".

Regards,
  Sergei.