Re: pcm_min.c trouble with modification

On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 23:32:59 +0200
MK <maternick@xxxxx> wrote:

> Hello.
> I want to write a simple ALSA application. I have downloaded pcm_min.c from ALSA documentation and try to do some modifications in code like change channels to stereo or sampling rate to 44100Hz. But every time program fails. Can anybody explain me why this is happening?

Regarding the sample rate - I once "audited" ALSA source to see how sample
rate is dealt with.

My naive expectation was ALSA as a whole was written with "single point
of change" in mind.

Alas, according to my observation, it's not the case, i.e. it is not
possible to change ALSA code in just _one_ place to change default
sample rate.

I even wrote an Email to this list with "single point of change" in the
subject - I know the developers monitor the list.

This Email apparently remains unanswered.

Look for "single point of change" in the list archive.

Regards,
  Sergei.