no headphone-speaker switch

Hi all,

I have problems to switch from speakers to headphones in my HP Pavilion dv4
laptop with Fedora 10.

The thing is that the switch does not occur automatically
and I can not force it either. Only restarting with headphones or
without headphones allows me to use or do not use them.

I have read in some forums that choosing the right model in the "alsa-base"
file could solve the issue. However, there is no such file in my disk.
Instead,
I have tried adding the line:

options snd-hda-intel model=hp-m4

in /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf.dist. But it does not work.

I am using PulseAudio on top.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Xabier

--