Re: hda-intel ad1998b troubles (front channels only)

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:43:38 +0000 (UTC)
shy_reclusive_alsa_user <ymail_user@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Stan Heitmueller <aceman <at> asylum.adv-techcenter.com> writes:
>

> > I know exactly how you feel.
> > (snip).. I am quite confused
> > with the linux sound system as well , but after looking at your mixer
> > settings, it seems you have some surround channels muted:
> >

> Stan, you are the man!
>
> I thought I had everything un-muted.  Damn!  Another oversight
> and another thing to try when I get home tonight...
>
> For those at home who are following, Stan just mentioned what is
> clearly stated at the _top_ of the "Help To Debug Intel HDA" page
> (http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Help_To_Debug_Intel_HDA).
> I just found that this morning when I decided to explore asking the
> ALSA user community for help.
>
> Thanks again, Stan.  I really appreciate it.
>

> > Stan

Something is probably wrong with your distro or alsaconf version.

AFAIR when I run alsaconf on my SUSE 10.3, it warns me that everything
will be unmuted at 50% (?) level.

I.e. every normal sound configuration utility whose intent is to check
sound propagation should do the unmuting.

Or you didn't run alsaconf - I wasn't closely following.

Regards,
  Sergei.