Re: very interesting spdif problem

edit:

This is confusing to me, since even though this output option works in
mplayer, according to the output of "aplay -l" and "aplay -L" I don't
appear to have a alsa iec958 or spidif device (see my first email).
Is there somewhere else I should look at to get a list of output
devices?

also try
$amixer

Floris