Re: strange behavior with skype

Thanks, I saw that post and downloaded the text. I'll look it over.

Matthew

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 9:25 AM, stan <ghjeold_i_mwee@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Di, Dez 09, 2008 at 10:45:43 +0800, Matthew Patenaude wrote:

Does anyone have any idea what is going on, and how to check for the
problem.

When I first bought this machine (over a year and a half ago now) I had no
sound at all and learned a lot about alsa and sound cards, but I have had
basic sound since 7.04, and good sound since Gutsy, just no recording. I had
given up trying to get recording to work, and had purchased the USB sound
card. However, now that my sound card seems to be better supported, I am
interested in getting it working well, but have forgotten most of what I
learned over a year ago.

Any help would be appreciated. I haven't tried it with other VoIP programs
yet, but so far the sound distortion I am hearing seems to be only in Skype.
Maybe this is a Skype issue primarily, but if any of you have any ideas,
they would be deeply appreciated.

Matthew

As it happens there was a post in the alsa-devel list that contained a document on troubleshooting hd-audio.  Here are some links.

You can get the text from web: