Re: strange behavior with skype

Sorry, I didn't realize that my reply didn't go directly to the alsa-user list.

I would run down to Circuit City, but alas! Shanghai doesn't have one. :) There is a Best Buy here though. Ha! Pretty nice actually, reminds me of home a little. It is funny, how they have Walmart and Best Buy and a few other things we know from home, but they actually aren't set up exactly how they are Stateside.

I can probable find what you're talking about elsewhere here though (I am presently working in Shanghai as a translator, but we are from Indiana).

Actually, I still have the USB sound card from TurtleBeach. I haven't tried it yet with Intrepid, I may give it a whirl. Maybe someday, they'll get my sound card working correctly. :) That would be nice...

At least my sound coming out of my speakers is pretty nice, and the headphone jack gives me real nice sound with a decent pair of head phones. So mostly I'm happy. :)

Thanks again.
Matthew