Re: Headphone problems with SigmaTel STAC 9228

Dear Vinicius,

On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 01:04:36AM -0200, Vinicius Massuchetto wrote:
> I have the same card on Dell Vostro 1400, a pretty similar model. I use
> this line in my /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base
>
> options snd-hda-intel model=3stack
>
> That's needed for the card to work, but I couldn't use my internal mic
> and the second headphone jack so far, but the first one works good.

Actually that doesn't seem necessary for me, and even using that
doesn't help.

> I would love to figure out this problem along with some other ones I
> reported here with no response. I'm experiencing a lack of ALSA support
> since I bought this laptop.

Yes. It's been there on and off, especially since the patch_sigmatel.c
has been undergoing several changes of late.

> There's a bug on Launchpad for Ubuntu regarding to this problem.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.22/+bug/153963

Thanks for the pointer, though that also didn't help much in solving
my problem.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah