amt-8 and unitor 8 filtering MIDI clock to other ports when connected to ALSA

Hi All

Today I started writing a script that would automatically connect up all
the ports normally connected in standalone mode on my unitor 8 on
startup of my system. (based on a script in the ardour manual using
aconnect.)

When I tested it the script all the ports connected fine, but I found
that the unitor 8 would only pass MIDI clock to the other ports when
note information was only being passed.

I bought these units second hand.. and Apple is not to forthcoming with
information on the devices and how to use the little windows app (I've
got that in my gf's laptop)... figuring out port mapping was easy
enough... but this a bit sticky so I can't tell if it's ALSA that is
stripping the MIDI clock information out or if it is something to do
with the way the units are configured... Although I actually suspect
it's the device configuration.

Does anyone have an idea, if it is the device and if so how to fix
it???

cheers

Allan