Re: snd_hda_intel model as a parameter to the kernel when built-in driver

H.Brunsting wrote:
> This is from
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/lkn/lkn_pdf/ch09.pdf .
> No guarantees as to whether it will (still) work, but it's worth a try, I
> guess:

Thank you very much. The information that you gave is really useful.
However, the /sys/module/snd_hda_intel/parameters/model is a read-only
file. I tried with chmod +w and then I wrote "sony-assamd" on it, but
the contents of the file didn't change at all.

I guess I have to stick to the modules with hda-intel. That's not a big
problem anyway, I just wanted to check if is possible to do it, but I
see there are some complications.

Thank you very much anyway :-)

--
Claudio M. Camacho