Re: Donation Recommendation? - 24-bit sound card

On 23-08-08 00:00, James Shatto wrote:

>>> mplayer -dumpaudio -dumpfile sound_track.wav ./source.vob
>> I'd have figured that out :-) Didn't work with the 96/24 audio...
>
> Well, you could probably do the arecord method.
>
> arecord -D copy -t wav -c 2 -f S24_BE -r 96000 audio_track.wav
> (unverified syntax)
>
> Set record to the PCM / VOL device (which I can only do in aumix for
> some reason).  Set the gain / lever for PCM to 50% / tastes.  And
> play the track.  Of course it assumes your soundcard is capable, you
> have copy in .asoundrc, and your soundcard can play 24/96kHz.

That I'd not feel acceptable. The ALSA file plugin is, but I remember
trying that as well and it bombing out on something. Don't remeber what
anymore and not going to retry right now but I believe it was eventually
just an mplayer bug that I ran into and me shrugging and telling that
piece of <bleep> to go <bleep> itself.

So thanks, really, but dreadfully sorry, not going to aggrevate myself
tonight endlessly struggling with the Linux videoscape. Will at some
other time...

Rene.